Anyways, a ton has happened to us lately! I'll start with the generally exciting stuff so those of you who aren't as horse crazy can tune out the end ;)
So since February I'd been planning a surprise trip to Mexico for Brandon's graduation present. I know, I know, Wife of the Year. Hahaha but seriously, it was so much fun feeling like an evil mastermind for all those months. I told Brandon that I had a massage conference in Edmonton for a week and that I needed a dummy to use during some of the days since it was too much for me to keep getting massaged everyday. And to sweeten the deal, I told him there was a gun show that he and my brother in law were going to go to the weekend before, which accounted for the full week we were going to be gone in Mexico for. Muhaha, fool proof.
I wasn't planning on telling Brandon until the day before we left, but I ended up having to tell him a week before. And I'm glad I did. Work was so incredibly crazy that I hardly had time to think let alone try to coordinate the necessary lies to surprise him. And boy was he surprised! He didn't believe me when I told him! I'll save all the details of the trip for another post so I can get through all the rest of the exciting stuff- the horse stuff!
To start, we need to rewind to January (briefly!). I traded horses with my friend Daylen and he took May to ride her and work out some of her kinks and took his horse so I'd still have a horse to ride. It was absolutely amazing blessing. I got great practice riding a different horse, and May made
HUGE.progress with Daylen and came home in April a rideable, tie-able horse! And it's been so wonderful having her home to ride! She loves trail rides and with Pavan Park (a park with equestrian trails right by the river in the coulees) only a 5 minute ride away we try and go there often. She needs more of a challenge and adventure than the arena offers! My goal was to have her going well by the time she was 10 and we're right on track! Lately she's been having some issues with something in her neck/back, and she's been irritable when we ride, but we're working on that. And she really enjoys going on our daily walks and getting to pig out on grass ;).
This was on our first trail ride out to pavan where we crossed the river!! It was her first time seeing any body of water bigger than a creek, and although she was hesitant (and Daylen had to get on to make her get down the bank into the river, but I crossed with her on the way back!).
No comments:
Post a Comment